Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Luke Bryan "Crash My Party" Album Review

                Luke Bryan, a very successful modern country singer has released his top album titled, ‘Crash My Party”, on August 13, 2013. This album was his fourth studio album and just happened to be his most successful yet. Its first single, the title track, reached number one on the Billboard Country Airplay chart and Top Country Albums chart, which is a very big deal. This album was produced by Jeff Stevens, who produced his other three albums as well. “Crash My Party” had sold 528,000 copies in the first week and 1,069,000 copies in the United States as of October 23, 2013. This album has 13 songs which all of them are about having a good time and spring break coming to an end. This has been the most copies he has sold in this short amount of time and that is something that is very difficult to do. Luke Bryan now definitely has a lot to live up to in order to keep becoming more and more successful.
                Luke Bryan is considered more as a “polite party boy” rather than dangerous and edgy such as Jason Aldean and Eric Church. His lyrics are to make sure everyone is having as much fun listening to them as he did writing them, which seemed to be a successful motive. All of Luke Bryans song on this album were given a grade higher than a B with an exception of four consisting of two B-‘s and two C’s. These songs were entitled, “Blood Brothers”, “Goodbye Girl”, “I see you”, and “That’s My Kind of Night”. This makes sense because before I actually sat down and listened to the whole album I have not heard of any of those songs besides “That’s My Kind of Night” and I was not too impressed with it. Other than those four songs they all got pretty high ratings. The most popular song, which is actually the title of the album, “Crash My Party”, is a mid-temp invitation to love and has a very sensual mood, even though the title sounds like it would be a more up-beat crazy song. Another song titled, “Play it Again”, is also one of the best songs on the album. It delivers a “sexual” euphemism and also displays a mid-tempo beat. This song is about meeting a girl who he falls in love with right on the spot. It is obvious that the title of this album is meant to connect to every song and distribute the tone to the listeners and make them feel a certain way, happy. “Crash My Party” definitely ensured that fans were having a good time and pumped everyone up, but at the same time set a mood of relaxation. Though most of his song on the album seem to be more mid-tempo I think that’s what was more surprising because usually his songs are more up-beat. I think this made Luke Bryan realize this is what his fans like more and I believe this is how more of his music will now sound like.
                In my opinion, I think that Luke Bryan’s album was definitely his best and most successful yet. I think it was perfect because it was summer time and all of his songs had the mood of happiness that everyone loves. I think that helped his success because not only were the songs great but they related to the fans. It is always important to make sure that your fans are having as much of a good time as you are and to always keep them on them toes and never get bored and he sure did that. I think that Luke Bryan’s future albums will only keep getting better because I think this made him realize what his fans actually like.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment