Friday, December 6, 2013

The Case Against Summer Vacation

I think that the amount of time students go to school is very dependent on how well they do. For example, I think that high school students should switch schedules with the elementary schools and start later. It is a known fact that teenagers and adults need more sleep, at least 8 hours in order to do their best. Younger kids do not need as much sleep because they're more awake so I think it would be more efficient if they started earlier. Also, I think that older kids would be more focused if they started later because they are more awake. I think that the school day should only be about 5 hours instead of six and a half because after a while they start to loose focus and wont even remember what they've been learning. I think that we have a lot of pressure on us and the fact that we sit in school for six and a half hours and then go home and do more work is very stressful. I also think it would be a good idea if we could have an early release every, let's say, Wednesday. Most importantly, I think that summer vacation should not only be two full months but four because we go to school for 180 days out of the year, so I think we should get more of a reward for the amount of work we get handed to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment